30 Major Wajib of Namaz for Male and Female (Hanafi Method)
- Uttering ‘اَللهُ اَكْبَر ’ for Takbir-e-Tahrimah.
- Reciting Sura-e-Fatiha, a Surah, or one such Quranic Ayah that is equivalent to three small ones or three small Ayahs in every Rak’at of every (Salah except the last two Rak’at of Fard Salah.
- Reciting Sura-e-Fatiha before the Surah.
- Not reciting anything except ‘آمين’ and ‘ بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ’ between Alhamd and the Surah.
- Doing Ruku’ immediately after Qirat.
- Doing the second Sajdah after the first one (in sequence).
- Maintaining Ta’dil-e-Arkan, i.e. staying in Ruku’, Sujud, Qawmah and Jalsah for the amount of time in which ‘سُبْحانَ اللَّهِ’ can be uttered at least once.
- Qawmah, i.e. standing erect after Ruku’ (some people do not straighten their back after Ruku’, it is the missing of a Wajib).
- Jalsah, i.e. sitting upright between two Sujud (some people do the second Sajdah before they properly sit upright after the first one missing a Wajib. No matter how extreme hurry is, it is mandatory to sit straight or else the Salah will become Makruh-e-Tahrimi and repeating such a Salah will be Wajib).
- The first Qa’dah is Wajib even in a Nafl Salah (In fact, every Qa’dah in two Rakats Nafl Salah is the ‘last Qa’dah’ and is, therefore, Fard; if someone did not do Qa’dah and stood up forgetfully and if he has not yet done Sajdah of the third Rakat, he must return and do Sajda-e-Sahw).
Ref: (Bahar-e-Shari’at, Part 4, P52, Madina-tul-Murshid, Bareilly Sharif)
If someone has done the Sajdah of the 3rd Rakat of Nafl Salah, now he has to complete the fourth Rakat and do Sajda-e-Sahw. Sajda-e-Sahw became Wajib because although Qa’dah is Fard after every two Rak’at of Nafl Salah, the first Qa’dah turned into Wajib from Fard because of performing the Sajdah of the third or fifth Rak’at and so on.
Ref: (Mulakhkhasan Tahtavi, P466)
- Not reciting anything after Tashahhud in the first Qa’dah of Fard, Witr or Sunnah-e Muakkadah Salah.
- Reciting complete Tashahhud in both Qa’dah. If even one word is missed, Wajib will be missed and Sajda-e-Sahw will be Wajib.
- If someone forgetfully recites اَللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلى مُحَمَّد or اَللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلى سَيِّدِنَ after Tashahhud in the first Qa’dah of Fard, Witr, and Sunnat-e-Muakkadah, Sajda-e-Sahw will become Wajib;
If someone says it deliberately, repeating the Salah will be Wajib.
Ref: (Durr-e-Mukhtar, Rad-dul-Muhtar, V2, P269)
- Saying the word ‘ اَلسَّلامُ ’ when turning face to the right and left side is Wajib each time; saying the word ‘ عَلَيْكُمْ ’ is not a Wajib, it’s a Sunnah.
- Uttering the Takbir of Qunut in Witr.
- Reciting Du’a-e-Qunut in Witr.
- The six Takbirat of both Eid Salah.
- The six Takbirat of both Eid Salah and uttering the word ‘اَللهُ اَكْبَر ‘ for it.
- Imam’s doing Qira-at in such a loud voice (that at least three persons could hear) in Jahri Salah such as the first two Rak’ats of Maghrib and ‘Isha and all the Rakats of Fajr, Jumu’ah, Eidain, Tarawih and the Witr of Ramadan.
- Doing Qira-at with low volume in the “Sirri Salah” such as Zuhr and Asr.
- Performing every Fard and Wajib in its prescribed order.
- Doing Ruku’ only once in each Rakat.
- Doing Sajdah only twice in each Rakat.
- Not doing Qa’dah before the second Rakat.
- Not doing Qa’dah in the third Rak’at of a four Rakats Salah.
- Doing the Sajdah of Tilawat in case of reciting an Ayah of Sajdah.
- Doing Sajda-e-Sahw if it has become Wajib.
- Avoiding the pause for the amount of time in which Tasbih (i.e. سُبْحانَ اللَّهِ) can be uttered three times in
between two Farad, two Wajibat or a Fard and a Wajib.
- Muqtadi’s (who performing Salah with Imam) remaining silent when the Imam is doing Qirat whether aloud or quietly.
- Following the Imam in all Wajibat (Wajibs) except the Qirat.
Ref: (Durr-e-Mukhtar, Rad-dul-Muhtar, V2, P181 – Alamgiri, V1, P71)